COPPA requires us to inform parents or legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information from children under the age of 13. COPPA also requires that we obtain consent from parents or legal guardians before we allow children under the age of 13 to use and interact with some sections, applications, and activities on the Sites or Services. We offer a number of Services, some of which are directed at children under the age of 13, and other Services that are targeted for users of all ages.
Below we summarize potential instances of collection and outline how and when we will provide parental notice and/or seek parental consent. In any instance that we collect personal information from a child, we will retain that information only so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the service request or allow the child to continue to participate in the service, and ensure the security of our users and our services, or as required by law. In the event we discover we have collected information from a child in a manner inconsistent with COPPA’s requirements, we will either delete the information or immediately seek the parent’s consent for that collection.
Registration and Viewing Online Streaming Content
Children can, in many cases, register with Kids2-related applications and third party streaming services and/or sites to view Kids2-produced media content, among other things. During the registration process, we may ask the child to provide certain information for notification and security purposes, including a parent or guardian’s email address, the child’s first name, the child’s member or account username, and password. Please note that children can choose whether to share their information with us, but certain features cannot function without it. As a result, children may not be able to access certain features if required information has not been provided. We will not require a child to provide more information than is reasonably necessary in order to participate in an online activity, such a viewing online streaming content and videos.
About the collection of parent or guardian email address: Consistent with the requirements of COPPA, on any child-targeted service, site or application, or in any instance where we ask for age and determine the user is age 12 or under, we will ask for a parent or guardian email address before we collect any personal information from the child. If you believe your child is participating in an activity that collects personal information and you or another parent/guardian have NOT received an email providing notice seeking your consent, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We will not use parent emails provided for parental consent purposes to market to the parent, unless the parent has expressly opted in to email marketing or has separately participated in an activity that allows for such email contact.
Automatic Information Collected and Persistent Identifiers
When children access or otherwise interact with the Sites and Services, specific information may automatically be collected. We collect this information to make the Services useful to children and other users. We also use this information for internal business purposes, including improving the Services (including the functionality of the Services) and our products, services and/or content. Some examples of this type of information include the child’s IP address, mobile device identifier, type of web browser, type of operating system, online service provider used, and the regularity with which the child visits different parts of the Services.
Visit the Third-Party Operators page to see the list of third-party operators who collect persistent identifiers on our sites and Services.
How We Use Collected Information
This information and data are primarily used for our own purposes in order to:
- Let users and children access and use features of the Services;
- Improve the features and usability of the Services;
- Let us analyze data to see how the Services are performing; and
- Email notifications to users and children.
We will not share a child’s Personal Information with other individuals or companies except in limited situations, including the following:
- When other companies (including without limitation, service providers) perform a business, professional or technology support function for us; provided, however, that these companies are prohibited from using a child’s Personal Information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
- Disclosing a child’s Personal Information if required or permitted by law, for example, in response to a subpoena; to the extent permitted by applicable law, we also may disclose personal information collected from children (i) in response to a law enforcement or public agency’s (including schools or children services) request; (ii) if we believe disclosure may prevent the instigation of a crime, facilitate an investigation related to public safety or protect the safety of a child using our sites or applications; (iii) to protect the security or integrity of our sites, applications, and other technology, as well as the technology of our service providers; or (iv) enable us to take precautions against liability.
Parental and Legal Guardian Rights
As a parent or legal guardian you have the following rights regarding your child’s use of the Services:
- To review the Personal Information we collected from your child;
- To revoke the consent to use or further collect your child’s Personal Information;
- To request that your child’s Personal Information be changed or deleted;
- To allow the collection and use of your child’s information, but not allow disclosure to third parties unless it is part of our service;
- To send you a new notice and get your consent if we make changes to the collection, use, or disclosure practices to which you previously agreed.
Parents can exercise their rights shown directly above by contacting us. We take steps to verify the identity of anyone requesting information about a child, to ensure that the person is in fact the child’s parent or legal guardian, and appreciate your cooperation with those steps.
If you are a parent or legal guardian and you are aware that your child has created an account that you have not consented to, please contact us so that we can take steps to terminate your child’s account with us. If you are a parent or legal guardian and you are aware that that we have collected Personal Information from your child without your consent, please contact us so that we can take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Send mail to our address:
3333 Piedmont Road, Suite 1800
Atlanta, Georgia 30305-1712 U.S.A.